Through an international postdoctoral research fellowship in Australia, the School of Physics is giving you the opportunity to advance your career in experimental atomic physics. In this blog post, we will enlighten you about the International Fellowship for Postdoctoral Research.
Students from all over the world who want to pursue postdoctoral research at the University of Melbourne Parkville campus are eligible for the award program. Modern experimental work on ultracold atomic physics is the initiative’s main objective.
The University of Melbourne was founded in 1853 and is a civic-minded organization that contributes significantly to society via research, education, involvement, and teaching. With nearly 9,700 undergraduate and 2,400 graduate students enrolled, it offers a variety of undergraduate, honors, graduate, and research degrees.
the University of Melbourne, and why? Students at this university will receive a top-notch education and have access to professional options in a pleasant environment. Numerous opportunities exist for them to unwind and have fun outside of the classroom.
The studentship will provide the salary for level A: $72,083- $97,812 p.a. (PhD entry level – $91,125 p.a.) and level B: $102,967- $122,268 p.a.
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Research
- Application Deadline: April 26, 2020
- University: University of Melbourne
- Department: School of Physics
- Award: $102,967 – $122,268
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic & International applicants
- The award can be taken in Australia
International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded for Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Experimental Atomic Physics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A PhD (or close to completion of a PhD) in a relevant area of atomic, molecular and optical physics, with tunable laser experience.
- propensity for research that has been demonstrated, together with a strong record of publications in pertinent fields that are appropriate for the opportunity and experience.
- superb English communication abilities, both written and spoken.
- met deadlines and completed projects on time by displaying exceptional organizational skills.
- outstanding abilities in the processing and analysis of experimental picture data.
- Demonstrated achievement in research supervision.
- High level of computer literacy and experience.
- Knowing how to build control interfaces in Python and Labview, as well as having experience with laboratory data gathering hardware.
- How to Apply for the International Postdoctoral Research Fellowship: In order to apply for this opportunity, online applications are preferred. Find the position by title or number by going to and selecting the appropriate option (‘Current Staff’ or ‘Prospective Staff’) under ‘Job Search and Job Alerts
- Academic transcripts, degree certificates, and curriculum vitae (CV) copies are required from applicants as supporting documentation.
- Some Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of this university.
- English language proficiency and other language proficiency requirements are frequently necessary for applicants from outside of the applicant’s home country in order to be admitted to a program.