Scholarships for Australian Masters Awards (2023): The Australian government under its Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is currently accepting applications for the 2023 Australian Awards Scholarships for Postgraduate programs in Australian Universities.
However, according to bilateral and regional agreements, they seek to support the development requirements of Australia’s alliance partners.
Most People from developing nations, especially those in the Indo-Pacific area, are given the chance to enroll in full-time undergraduate or graduate programs at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutes.
And through study and research opportunities, Australia Awards Scholarships help people get the knowledge and skills they need to affect change and contribute to national growth.
Worth of Award (Scholarships for Australian Masters Awards (2023).)
The Australia Awards Scholarships are given out for the bare minimum amount of time required for the recipient to finish the academic course of study prescribed by the Australian higher education institution, including any relevant prerequisite training. Generally speaking, the advantages include:
- full tuition fees
- return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- establishment allowance—a once only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- And before beginning formal academic courses, students must complete the mandatory Introductory Academic Program (IAP), which provides information about living and studying in Australia.
- Most of the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees—if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- fieldwork (for research awards and Masters by coursework which has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
FOR MORE AFRICAN SCHOLARSHIPS CLICK HERE
Scholarships for Australian Masters Awards (2023) Eligibility
To be eligible to receive an Australia Awards Scholarship, applicants must:
i. be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the scholarship
ii. be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
iii. Again, not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilization phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa (subclass 500)
iv. is not current serving military personnel
v. not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
vi. Do not apply for another long-term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous awardee who has been on an Australia Awards Scholarship in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another Australia Awards Scholarship until they have resided outside Australia for eight years)
vii. have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector)
viii. you should be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken (this may mean that Program Areas will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution’s admission requirements. This may not be known until Program Areas request a placement at selected institutions)
ix. You should be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Home Affairs to hold a Student Visa. And this may mean that the Program Area will need to withdraw an award offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements
x. All applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
Applicants are also to check their country eligibility status and deadlines before applying
How to Apply for Scholarships for Australian Masters Awards (2023).
Application for this award is online
Deadline: deadlines vary across countries, applications for Africans close 3 December 2018, check the page for appropriate deadlines